Education/Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Participate in vital communications analysis and feasibility studies in support of both DOS and National requirements.
- Have expert knowledge of the development of Continuity of Operations/Continuity of Government/Enduring Constitutional Government (COOP/COG/ECG) planning, logistics, IT networking, and communications supporting all hazards requirements.
- Ensure compliance with OSTP/OMB Directive D-16-1 requirements are managed and met. Responsible for the planning, coordinating, designing, acquiring, implementing and upgrading data, video, IT networking and voice/data telecommunications applications and requirements.
- Support the Department with the Legislative and Executive Branch Departments and Agencies to further the Department’s mission in COOP/COG/ECG programs.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of studies and concepts for improving contingency communications for the DOS and National Government.
- Assist with developing contingency operational plans (CONOPS) in support of U.S. DOS continuity programs. Using a project plan and an established deliberate planning process, incumbent will initiate the plan, conduct research, determine mission objectives, develop courses of action, write the plan, exercise the plan, gain plan approval from leadership and implement the plan.
- Assist with design and evaluation of pre-staged IT networking and communications equipment and vital records at classified alternate work locations.
- Participate, perform and manage the monthly National Level tests of equipment methods and procedures in support of COOP/COG and ECG.
- Assist with inventory and disposal of excess equipment and files in accordance with final disposition instructions.
- Assist with facility engineering and maintenance of IT support systems, CATV, alarm systems, electrical power, UPS and battery supply systems, lighting, telephone, and antennas, in fixed, mobile and classified locations.
- Support the deployment and execution of COOP/COG/ECG tactical operations. Assist with the transportation, communications, logistics, and facility setup and operation of designated alternate work locations.
- Assist with the recovery and reconstitution of facilities, IT networking and communications to current operational standards.
Must have at least 15 years’ experience and expert knowledge of the following facility, IT networking and communications capabilities:
- Secure and non-secure telephone and facsimile to include systems, services, engineering operations facility and security support, operations and maintenance.
- Data networks that are interoperable with DOS proprietary networks (OpenNet, ClassNet and other proprietary DOS Networks), the Internet, SIPRNET, Homeland Security Network (HSDN), and the Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System (JWICS), and the Distributed Continuity integrated Network.
- IT Networks/LANs; wired, optical, and wireless.
- Secure Video Teleconferencing System (SVTS) at multiple classification levels
- Audio visual experience consisting of TV, Cable Television (CATV), Public Address, Digital Signage and Video Surveillance, including the supporting cabling, installation, operation and maintenance.
- High Frequency Automatic Link Establishment (HF ALE) Radio systems, both secure and non-secure, Interagency (IA) and Department and Agency Communications Network (DACN) nets.
- Secure and non-secure point-to-point UHF/VHF radio systems to include UHF SATCOM systems, both conventional and DAMA.
- Secure Satellite Telephone, both fixed and mobile.
- Secure Cellular Telephone/PDA.
- Government Emergency Telecommunications Service (GETS).
- Wireless Priority Service (WPS).
- Telecommunications Service Priority (TSP) parameters.
- COMSEC equipment supporting all the listed systems.
- Facility security and support for emergency operations. Service desk support.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
SECURITY CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED
Hui Huliau and subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets