International Construction Inc is seeking candidates for variable part-time painter/painter spray at various locations to paint walls, equipment, buildings, bridges, and other structural surfaces, using brushes, rollers, and spray guns. May remove old paint to prepare surface prior to painting. May mix colors or oils to obtain desired color or consistency.
Required Education/Knowledge/Experience and Certifications:
- Aerial Lift Certification
- This position requires U.S. Citizenship status without sponsorship
Performing General Physical Activities
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Rapid Gate access level to secure facilities
- Cover surfaces with drop cloths or masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting.
- Fill cracks, holes, or joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers, using caulking guns or putty knives.
- Apply primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces, such as bare wood or metal, for finish coats.
- Apply paint, stain, varnish, enamel, or other finishes to equipment, buildings, bridges, or other structures, using brushes, spray guns, or rollers.
- Calculate amounts of required materials and estimate costs, based on surface measurements or work orders.
- Read work orders or receive instructions from supervisors or homeowners to determine work requirements.
- Erect scaffolding or swing gates, or set up ladders, to work above ground level.
- Remove fixtures such as pictures, door knobs, lamps, or electric switch covers prior to painting.
- Wash and treat surfaces with oil, turpentine, mildew remover, or other preparations, and sand rough spots to ensure that finishes will adhere properly.
- Mix and match colors of paint, stain, or varnish with oil or thinning and drying additives to obtain desired colors and consistencies.
- Remove old finishes by stripping, sanding, wire brushing, burning, or using water or abrasive blasting.
- Select and purchase tools or finishes for surfaces to be covered, considering durability, ease of handling, methods of application, and customers' wishes.
- Smooth surfaces, using sandpaper, scrapers, brushes, steel wool, or sanding machines.
- Managing one's own time and completion of daily time sheet and status reports.
- Obtain information from clients, customers, or patients
- Read tape measure
- Read work order, instructions, formulas, or processing charts
Handling and Moving Objects
- Apply adhesives, caulking, sealants, or coatings
- Apply cleaning solvents
- Apply plaster, stucco or related material
- Climb ladders, scaffolding, or utility or telephone poles
- Cut, shape, fit, or join wood or other construction materials
- Erect scaffold
- Install wallpaper, fabric, or billboard posters
- Measure, cut, or paste wall covering material
- Move or fit heavy objects
- Paint walls or other structural surfaces
- Prepare building surfaces for paint, finishes, wallpaper, or adhesives
- Remove finish from walls or related structures
- Repair cracks, defects, or damage in installed building materials
- Cover surfaces with masking tape or drop cloths
- Fabricate, assemble, or disassemble manufactured products by hand
- Mix paint, ingredients, or chemicals, according to specifications
- Adhere to safety procedures
- Spend time bending or twisting the body
- Spend time climbing ladders, scaffolds, or poles
- Spend time keeping or regaining balance
- Spend time kneeling, crouching, stooping, or crawling
- Spend time making repetitive movements
- Spend time standing, walking or running
- Spend time using your hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Contact with others
- Face-to-face discussions
- Cramped workspace, awkward positions
- Exposed to contaminants
- Extremely bright or inadequate lighting
- Sounds, noise levels are distracting or uncomfortable
Impact of Decisions
- Frequency of decision making
- Impact of decisions on co-workers or company Results
- Exposed to hazardous conditions and equipment
- Exposed to high places
- Exposed to minor burns, cuts, bites, or stings
- Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats
- Wear Specialized Protective or Safety Equipment such as Breathing Apparatus, Safety Harness, Full Protection Suits
- In an enclosed vehicle or equipment
- Indoors, not environmentally controlled
- Outdoors, exposed to weather
- Hopper guns
- Pneumatic spray texture guns
- Spray texture guns
- Stucco patching guns
Manlift or personnel lift
- Aerial lifts
- Bosun chairs
- Hydraulic lifts
- Swing stages
- Airless spray equipment
- Conventional spray equipment
- High velocity low pressure HVLP spraying equipment
- Power brushes
- Spray guns
- Disk sanders
- Electric paint removers
- Paint stripping equipment
- Power sanders
Pressure or steam cleaners
International Construction Inc. is a subsidiary of Hui Huliau and is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets
- Pressure washers
- Steam cleaning equipment
- Wallpaper steamers