Pono Aina Management LLC a subsidiary of Hui Huliau is seeking a Custodian – Floor Technician to provide custodial services on Fort Sill Army post. In this position you will perform the cleaning and maintenance of all flooring: carpet, tile and other flooring surfaces of the washrooms, or premises of an office, or commercial or other established areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Sweeping, mopping or scrubbing, and polishing floors; including dry and wet mop floors.
- Scrub and buff floors
- Vacuum carpets to clean
- Reports safety hazards as appropriate
- Uses cleaning equipment, including automatic floor machines, commercial vacuums, wet mops, large wringers and other necessary equipment, tools, chemicals and supplies.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- This position is considered “Mission Essential” and the candidate must have a valid email address and phone number for after hour contact and is subject to recall to duty at any time. As a mission essential employee, candidate may be required to perform duties during emergencies, disasters and other like events when directed by the customer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred but not required
- Minimum of 1-year experience operating commercial cleaning equipment; including automatic floor machines, buffers, and commercial vacuums.
- Must agree to a background check/pre-employment drug screening
- This position requires U.S. Citizenship status without sponsorship
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have the ability to follow instructions and read signs.
- Comply with safety rules, policies, and procedures
- Must have a basic knowledge of common cleaning solvents, cleaning tools, and equipment.
- Must know the proper uses of a variety of special cleaning and sanitizing solutions
- Must be able to remove different kinds of stains from flooring surfaces
- Must be able to troubleshoot, make adjustments, and perform minor repair and maintenance of equipment
- Ability to observe safety and security procedures and to comply with policies
- Ability to read and interpret written information; ability to write clear statements; ability to communicate orally
- Must be able to do physical work and operate power equipment normally found in janitorial operations
- Must be self-motivated and attention to detail
- Ability to follow directions from a supervisor
- Must be able to manage time efficiently and to work individually as well as within a team
- Present a professional appearance and demonstrate professional conduct
- Must be able to perform moderate lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to continuously stand, bend, stoop, walk, climb of stairs and pushing is required.
This position is primarily performed in a climate-controlled office setting. May be exposed to dirt, dust, disagreeable odors and cleaning agents
Pono Aina Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets