International Construction Inc. (ICI) is seeking a Project Engineer to be a member of our construction management team. In this position you will be responsible for all engineering and technical disciplines that projects involve. You will schedule, plan, forecast, resource and manage all the technical activities aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion.
To be a successful Project Engineer, you should have the ability to work with multiple discipline projects and demonstrate excellent project management and supervision skills. You should also have excellent organizational, time management, leadership, and decision-making skills.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Project Manager with preparing, scheduling, coordinating and monitoring the assigned engineering projects and tasks
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications
- Interact daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and represent them in the field
- Assist PM to monitor and perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with project manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions
Required Experience / Education :
- BS Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or relevant field
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards with Federal Government, State, City & County work
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
- Project management and supervision skills
- Decision making ability and leadership skills
- Time management and organization skills
- Familiarity with basic safety rules and regulations, OSHA and Army Corp EM-385
Desirable Skills / Experience:
ICI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets
- Proven work experience as a Project Engineer
- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.