International Construction Inc. an entity of the Hui Huliau Family of Companies is seeking a QC Manager to support our construction management team.
In this position you will be responsible for the management of all of the QC activities including implementation and managing the QC program and may serve as the SSHO Officer. There may be times that the QC Manager will perform the duties of the Project Superintendent. The QC Manager is also required to attend all partnering meetings, conduct the QC meetings, perform the three phases of control, perform submittal review and approval, ensure testing is performed and provide QC certifications and documentation required in the contracts.
To be a successful QC Manager you should have the ability to work with multiple discipline projects and demonstrate excellent project management and supervision skills. You should also have excellent organizational, time management, leadership, and decision-making skills.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Experience / Education :
- Have a thorough and complete knowledge and understanding of the contract, each subcontract and the plans and specifications in order to assist the Project Manager in development of the onsite procedures
- Create and update all the necessary pre-construction and post-construction documents and plans for the assigned project
- Create, update and maintain the project logs such as submittal logs, rework logs, testing and inspection log, training logs and all other project specific quality control reports
- Review shop drawings and submittals for conformance with project specifications by direct review and by leveraging the knowledge and experience of others in the project team when necessary
- Assist the contractor in understanding and implementing the contract requirements.
- Examine the quality control methods being used to determine if the contractor is properly controlling activities per contract documents.
- Ensure all required documents are being filed and kept on site when necessary.
- Supervises the Quality Control functions/activities of a project or its parts, including Quality Control inspection schedules and the collection of Quality Records.
- Supports the Project Manager in dealing with the Client for all the Quality matters.
- Examine ongoing and completed work.
- Make certain that the necessary changes are made in the contractor's QC system, if excessive construction deficiencies occur.
- Chair and document weekly QC meetings with the superintendent and provide written minutes as described in project specific contract documents
- Provide daily QC reports that reinforce activities that are being constructed in conformance with each specific project's established standard and constructively confronts non-conformances to produce the desired outcome in a timely manner
- Conduct preparatory, initial and follow-up meetings (3 Phases of Quality Control) to establish an understanding of the standards of care desired for each definable feature of work
- Verify and document that all materials received for the project are in conformance with the approved submittal, are handled and stored appropriately and are acceptable for use in the project.
- Coordinate and document the testing and commissioning of building systems.
- Perform quality control testing and inspection in adherence with contract requirements and company best practices.
- Ensure all as-built and red line drawings are being kept up to date.
- Ensure all closeout items and documents are completed and submitted to the client.
- BS degree in Engineering, Construction Management or relevant field or 10 years combined experience of either Superintendent, Project Manager, Construction Manager or QC Manager
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards with Federal Government, State, City & County work
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
- Project management and supervision skills
- Decision making ability and leadership skills
- Time management and organization skills
- Familiarity with basic safety rules and regulations, OSHA and Army Corp EM-385
ICI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets
- Must show proof of your legal right to work in the United States.
- This position requires US Citizenship due to clearance required for base access.
- Must be able to successfully obtain and maintain a Defense Biometric Identification System. (DBIDS) Credential to gain access to federally controlled work sites.
- All Candidates must submit to and pass a post-offer drug screening and a background check before employment begins. Failure to complete any of these steps will result in disqualification.
- Valid US Driver’s license in good standing, class 3 or higher.
- Candidates must have access to reliable form of transportation to get to work and other job sites when necessary.
- Candidate must be comfortable with remote work. This position if primarily a remote position.