Pono Aina Management LLC a subsidiary of Hui Huliau is seeking an Air Traffic Controller. This position is located at Camp Robert, MTC, CA at the East Garrison Heliport for the California National Guard and is a one-year assignment that is renewable. The Air Traffic Controller provides for the safe, orderly, and expeditious handling of air traffic in the assigned airspace.
Required Experience / Certifications:
- Initiate and coordinate searches for missing aircraft
- Inspect, adjust, and control communications equipment
- Review records and reports for clarity and completeness, and maintain records and reports as required
- Alert airport emergency services in cases of emergency and when aircraft are experiencing difficulties
- Analyze factors such as weather reports, fuel requirements, and maps in order to determine air routes
- Check conditions and traffic at different altitudes in response to pilots' requests for altitude changes
- Contact pilots by radio to provide meteorological, navigational, and other information
- Determine the timing and procedures for flight vector changes
- Inform pilots about nearby traffic as well as potentially hazardous conditions such as weather, speed and direction of wind, and visibility problems
- Organize flight plans and traffic management plans to prepare for planes about to enter assigned airspace
- Provide flight path changes or directions to emergency landing fields for pilots traveling in bad weather or in emergency situations
- Compile information about flights from flight plans, pilot reports, radar, and observations.
- Transfer control of departing flights to traffic control centers and accept control of arriving flights
- Complete daily activity reports and keep records of messages from aircraft
- Maintain radio and telephone contact with adjacent control towers, terminal control units, and other area control centers in order to coordinate aircraft movement
- Monitor and direct the movement of aircraft within an assigned air space to minimize delays and maximize safety
- Three or more years’ experience in Air Traffic Control Airspace Information Center Operations.
- Must be able to show and retain knowledge of the facility, airspace and procedures.
- Must be able to ensures ATC systems, facility and equipment and are operationally acceptable.
- Must be able to ensures facilities collect and safeguard data on aircraft mishaps, emergencies, or violations.
- Must be able to maintain ATC currency.
- Must be able to ensures facilities conduct training and rating programs according to prescribed regulations.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and the ability to obtain a U.S. Passport.
- Must have an ATCS Certificate, Pink Card.
- Must hold an Air Traffic Control AIC Rating.
- Must have a FAA Medical Certificate Second Class (Class II) to start and transition to Army Class IV Flight Physical.
- Must hold or be able to obtain a Army Class IV Flight Physical.
Desired Experience / Certification:
- Rotary Wing experience desired
- Military service desired
- FAA 7220-1 (Pink Card) or ability to show 2152 rating at an Air Traffic Control Facility
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Level Security Clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
Pono Aina Management LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets