International Construction Inc. a subsidiary of Hui Huliau is looking for a Mason to lay building materials, including concrete and brick, and constructs or repairs surfaces or structures. This is a journey-level classification. Working conditions include restricted movement, dirty environment, extreme temperatures, lifting or carrying heavy objects. This is a PART TIME position and hours are determined by job contracts and the need for a Mason.
This is a specialized classification and not part of a series.
Examples of Duties:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prepares surfaces prior to beginning work.
- Fabricates, alters, repairs, and maintains walls, sidewalks, street curbs, floors, bathroom showers, sink counters, partitions, manholes, and other related structures or surfaces.
- Lays blocks or bricks following blueprints, plans, or drawings.
- Determines work requirements and sequence of masonry/tile assignments through review of work orders, plans, or drawings.
- Lays out work using chalk lines, plumb bobs, tapes, squares, and levels.
- Mixes cement using hoes, cement-mixing equipment, and/or hand tools.
- Cuts or breaks bricks and concrete using hammers, powered abrasive saws, paving breakers, drills, and/or hand tools.
- Molds expansion joints and edges using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge.
- Operates equipment, such as forklift, dump truck, and flatbed.
- Estimates materials and labor.
- Knowledge of related tools, masonry techniques, equipment and materials.
- Skill in the construction, alteration, repair, and maintenance of masonry structures and surfaces.
Three years' masonry or bricklaying experience; OR Completion of a three year federally approved technical training program in masonry or bricklaying; OR Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
International Construction Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets