Pono Aina Management, LLC a subsidiary of Hui Huliau is seeking a Project Administrator (part-time) to provide Project Administration to Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) Pacific’s C4ISR and Space Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E) Center in the Washington D.C. NCR.
Provide Project Administration in the conduct of mission analysis, technology assessment, basic and applied research, technology demonstration, capability prototyping, operational prototyping, and logistics. Develop operational and technical capabilities, application of national strategy, policy, and operational doctrine, and integration of numerous national and tactical systems in the various warfare domains, including maritime, air, land, and space.
Experience / Education / Clearance:
- Bachelor of Science degree preferred but not required.
- 20 years preferred experience in Project Administration for the conduct of mission analysis, technology assessment, basic and applied research, technology demonstration, capability prototyping, operational prototyping, and logistics. Development of operational and technical capabilities, application of national strategy, policy, and operational doctrine, and integration of numerous national and tactical systems in the various warfare domains, including maritime, air, land, and space.
- TS/SCI Security Clearance is required for this position.
Support NIWC Pacific’s Strategic Business Plan for Space, which includes the following objectives:
- Grow NIWC Pacific core capabilities for space integration and space technology work.
- Develop integral partnerships with leading space organizations from Government, industry, and academia.
- Develop a highly qualified, experienced, and educated workforce for leading the development and integration of space systems, payloads, and associated technologies and capabilities. Work conducted under this contract will support NIWC Pacific in the formation of plans and programs for new capabilities across the range of strategic C6ISR and space programs.
Provide Project Administration expertise to NIWC Pacific in support of Center strategic objectives for space programs and space capabilities. The task has a broad, cross-competency scope, encompassing Center space-related work in Command, Control, Communication, Computers, Cyber-defense and Combat systems, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C6ISR).
Provide Project Administration in the support and performance of Space Portfolio Strategic Awareness. Provide support to the NIWC Pacific Space Portfolio, with a focus on developing and aligning new and existing programs to national security policy, Department of Defense (DoD) strategy, and emerging Fleet operational needs, including defense transformation and planning guidance. Observe, engage, assess, and report on National Security Space (NSS) matters of relevance, gravity, and importance to NIWC Pacific, NIWC Pacific space-related programs and projects and its Navy and Joint customer bases.
Provide Project Administration in the support and performance of Strategic Engagement and Liaison. Provide support to NIWC Pacific in a senior advisory and liaison capacity, assist NIWC Pacific in establishing, implementing, and maintaining enduring productive relationships with key space stakeholders located primarily in the National Capital region. Support NIWC Pacific programs, plans and strategies with alignment to DoD and Navy space policy. Maintain an open dialogue with the Office of the Deputy Undersecretary of the Navy for Policy (DUSN (Policy)), OSD Policy, and other key space stakeholders. NIWC Pacific space stakeholders include: Deputy Undersecretary of the Navy (Policy), Washington, DC; Director for National Intelligence, McLean, VA; Headquarters, US Air Force, Pentagon ADM VA; Office of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.; National Air and Space intelligence Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH; National Geospatial Intelligence Agency, Springfield, VA; National Reconnaissance Office, Chantilly, VA; National Security Agency, Ft. George G. Meade MD; Naval Research Lab, Washington, DC; Office of Naval Intelligence, Washington DC; Office of the Undersecretary of Defense (Policy), Pentagon Washington, DC; Chief of Naval Operations (N2/N6), Pentagon Washington DC ; Space Security and Defense Program, Peterson AFB, CO ; Undersecretary of Defense (Research and Engineering), Pentagon, Washington DC ; U.S. Marine Corps Intelligence Activity, Quantico, VA; U.S. Marine Corps Warfighting Lab, Quantico, VA; Headquarters, US Space Command, Peterson AFB, CO ; Headquarters, US Space Force, Pentagon, Washington, DC.
Participate in meetings with Navy and DoD organizations who set policy and priorities for Navy strategic C6ISR and space. This support will include cross-organizational meetings with the various organizations, to present information about NIWC Pacific and gather information from those entities for NIWC Pacific. This activity will primarily occur via phone and email, may occasionally require the coordination and hosting of cross-organizational meetings.
Provide Project Administration in the support and performance of Strategic Advice and Subject Matter Expertise. Provide independent advice and subject matter expertise to NIWC Pacific, with an aim to (a) enhance internal mission performance, (b) better support external sponsors, and (c) accelerate development of creative risk reduction solutions to urgent Fleet and Joint space needs. Provide advice to NIWC Pacific managers and project leads on program plans and strategies in areas involving strategic C4ISR and space.
Additional areas of required expertise include:
Pono Aina Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
- National and DoD policy and strategic guidance
- Strategic C6ISR and space program planning
- “Pivot to the Pacific” policy, strategy, and program development implications
- Asia-Pacific security environment and program development implications
- Application of strategic C6ISR and space technologies and CONOPS to affect change in the calculus of adversary ability to conduct warfare.
- Strategies for communicating strategic C6ISR and space concepts to senior Navy and DoD leadership
- Strategies for cross-agency collaboration in C6ISR and space
- Gather and report information on programs/activities/efforts being undertaken at the NRO, U.S. Space Force, U.S. SPACECOM that significantly impact ongoing NAVWAR programs of record or NIWC-PAC projects.